Thursday, March 14, 2013

Tapeworms 'n Such

I had some pretty lofty goals for spring break this week - catching up on housework, getting ahead on homework, and lots of sewing - but nature said no and gave me an evil cold instead that has me feeling just rotten.

Although the past few weeks have been real booty-kickers, overall school has been going well. Not saying I enjoy it (!) but it could be worse. My favorite class is Microbiology. I didn't think I'd like it because I knew we'd be learning about tapeworms, which creep me the freak out. (Did you know that each little segment of a tapeworm is a sac full of eggs??? Ew, ew, ewww!) But I find it extremely fascinating and worth the occasional heebie-jeebies.

I'm surprised that I've found as much time to sew as I have. No finishes to speak of, of course - I haven't actually finished anything in a long time=( But I'm getting there. This is a commissioned quilt that is making me severely nervous - what if she doesn't like it???

(I got the idea for the tortoises here. Too cute!)
 And my new flavor of the week, so to speak = scallops.



What's with all the wrinkles? It's not like I wad my WIPs up and toss them in a corner...

Actually, I do. *hangs head in shame*

1 comment:

Pieces of Cotton said...

Thanks for the lesson in tapeworms, said no one ever:)

The turtles are going to be adorable.