Thursday, April 5, 2012

A Side of Ketchup

I finished this quilt last March. It turned out to be one of those "Oh well..." quilts. I love the colors, but it just didn't come out quite like I envisioned. Of course, my quilts rarely do, but I was pretty disappointed with this one. Like I said - oh well.

 

But because I loved the color scheme, I tried it out on this baby quilt for my new cousin shortly after. I like it much better.
 

I decided to try a wider binding. Starting out with a 6" strip yielded a 1" binding. I absolutely love it! 


So I used it on this next baby quilt, as well. This one was for my good friend's fourth baby.


  I love pretty much everything about this quilt, especially that 1" wide stripey binding!


 Here's to photographic proof that not all of 2011 was a bust. =)

4 comments:

Pieces of Cotton said...

That quilt for Ellie is what put me over the edge - I loved it so much that I just had to take on quilting as my new hobby.

Anonymous said...

"Oh Well" my foot!!! I absolutely love your quilts!!! I can't wait to get started on my own version because you have given me such inspiration! Love Ellie's...Love them both and the others too! You're too much of your own worst critic!! Beautiful work!!

Unknown said...

LOVE that log cabin. Good Job.....YOU made a spectacular quilt and you finished it !!!!

Anonymous said...

The black/white quilt is beautiful. Where can I buy the pattern? Thank you.