Thursday, April 5, 2012

A Side of Ketchup

I finished this quilt last March. It turned out to be one of those "Oh well..." quilts. I love the colors, but it just didn't come out quite like I envisioned. Of course, my quilts rarely do, but I was pretty disappointed with this one. Like I said - oh well.

 

But because I loved the color scheme, I tried it out on this baby quilt for my new cousin shortly after. I like it much better.
 

I decided to try a wider binding. Starting out with a 6" strip yielded a 1" binding. I absolutely love it! 


So I used it on this next baby quilt, as well. This one was for my good friend's fourth baby.


  I love pretty much everything about this quilt, especially that 1" wide stripey binding!


 Here's to photographic proof that not all of 2011 was a bust. =)

1 comment:

Pieces of Cotton said...

That quilt for Ellie is what put me over the edge - I loved it so much that I just had to take on quilting as my new hobby.